OAN’s Geraldyn Berry
2:41 PM – Friday, June 30, 2023
According to her attorney, Parisis Filippatos, former producer for Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program Abby Grossberg resolved two cases for $12 million against the network and Carlson on Friday.
“We are pleased that we have been able to resolve this matter without further litigation,” a Fox News spokesman said in a statement.
In a lawsuit filed this year, Grossberg had accused many officials, including Carlson, the network, and the network’s parent company of harassing and retaliating against her. She also claimed that she was put up to bear the brunt of a defamation claim brought by Dominion Voting Systems against Fox News. The former producer claimed that for making her accusations public, she was later dismissed and Fox News refuted them. Grossberg also accused Fox News of being a toxic and misogynistic environment.
Thousands of pages of other information were made available during the court procedures, along with her deposition and emails being made public during the litigation.
Grossberg wanted to modify her deposition testimony in the documents because she believed that Fox News attorneys had illegally influenced it. Her lawyers made taped interviews from her time working for the network available and claimed that Fox News’ lawyers had not properly gathered evidence throughout the discovery process. At the time, a Fox News representative stated the network had “complied with its discovery obligations.”
“While I stand by my publicly filed claims and allegations, in light of today’s settlement of $12 million, pursuant to which I have now withdrawn those claims, I am heartened that Fox News has taken me and my legal claims seriously. I am hopeful, based on our discussions with Fox News today, that this resolution represents a positive step by the Network regarding its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace,” she said.
According to public court records, Dominion accused Grossberg of directly creating several of the broadcasts that were defamatory on both Fox News programs. Dominion said that Fox News had let irrational conspiracy theories about the company’s voting devices “rigging” the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump spread on air.
In April, Fox News reached a settlement with Dominion for $787.5 million. Fox News had been penalized for suppressing evidence by a Delaware judge after Dominion’s attorneys played portions of the tape in court.
Stay informed! Receive breaking news blasts directly to your inbox for free. Subscribe here. https://www.oann.com/alerts